Running gives me a special feeling. It’s a feeling I can’t describe to people who don’t run. Running can become and addiction, specially the runner’s high. That feeling is amazing. When I think about running I think about..
– The feeling in my legs the first kilometer
– My mind telling me that my planning is maybe to far during this first kilometer
– Fresh air filling my lungs
– My body warming up
– Seeing other people run
– Enjoying the moment when the sun comes up
– Hating the wind
– Loving the wind when I running back and it feels like I’m flying
– The sun burning on my skin
– Long distance runs
– Early morning runs
– Getting in trouble with cars because they stop, or not
– Loving a bit of rain
– Hating a lot of rain and wet feet
– My hair in my face
– Wearing to much clothes
– Or feeling cold
– The moment when you feel the runner’s high coming
– Running with a runner’s high for kilometers
– Feeling the energy in my body
– Never stop on half kilometers only on round figures 10 km, 11 km etc.
– Always running a bit more than planned
– Always want to go farther
– Old people complimenting me
– The feeling of turning around and running home
– The moment when you know that you started the last kilometer
– Seeing home
– Stop running
– Thinking that you just did it (again)
What I’m thinking now? Yes, I love running!
With love from Dublin..